Fan Fiction - Two Halves of one soul

This story is a fan fiction from The Youkai Lair.

Author: Luthiena

Genre: Angst

Main characters: Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha

Status: Complete

Reviews: None

PLease read and review on both this page and the main page for The Youkai Lair...thanks

Monday 20 November 2006

Chapter 6 - Two halves of one soul

Chapter 6-Two halves of one soul

The forest faded once more and a small stone room replaced it, a fire burnt casting warmth over the room; Sesshoumaru did not recognise the room at first but, when his father entered, he realised that this room was his father’s study; a room that he had not dared enter even after he became Lord of the Western Lands.

The great demon Lord sank to the floor in silence, tears streaked his usually emotionless face and his hands gripped his sword hilt tightly.

Suddenly he slapped himself on the neck, a small groan could be heard as a middle-aged Myoga floated to rest on the floor.

“You asked to speak with me, Myoga?

“Yes, my Lord. I came to ask you if you are sure it is wise to entrust the great new sword you have commissioned to your son Sesshoumaru.”

The great demon growled warningly.

“Of course it is wise, he will use the mighty power of this sword to strike Inuyasha down.” His face hardened in anger. “I will not deny my son the pleasure of killing his mother’s murderer, therefore I have decreed he is to be banished.”

Myoga bounced up and down in agitation.

“My lord, you cannot let Sesshoumaru kill Inuyasha, remember the priestess?”

The demon lord’s face crumpled and his shoulders sagged, as he began to speak it was almost as if he were reciting a book from memory.

“The priestess Junami placed a curse upon Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha when the younger one was born; she knew I would never allow a half-breed to live and stain the family honour so she split each of the brothers’ souls and mingled them meaning if one dies then so does the other.”

Sesshoumaru blanched, his face paled and his eyes widened, he shared a soul with Inuyasha! No wonder he had always felt protective despite himself.

“My lord, give Inuyasha the Tetsusaiga to protect himself from Sesshoumaru’s attacks.”

At first the great lord shook his head vigorously but then he smiled slyly and nodded once.

“Very well, old friend. But he must prove his worth before he can find it.”

As the small flea bowed and left the room Sesshoumaru’s father turned to his writing desk and wrote a short letter to Ititsu.

‘My dear friend Ititsu, Please do not question these instructions but fulfil them to the letter; I promised a dear friend of mine that Inuyasha shall have protection in the form of the great sword, Tetsusaiga; however, I am reluctant that he should ever wield this sword. Therefore, I would ask that when I am buried you bury the sword with me, then hide my tomb in the last place he shall look but that he has the sword with him always. That way my promise is fulfilled.

Thank you

As the great lord finished writing the letter the dream Inuyasha placed a hand gently on Sesshoumaru’s shoulder, his face was sympathetic as he firmly led his elder brother away

“Come now, my brother. Your questions have been answered, the rest is up to you.”


Sesshoumaru nodded mutely as the room span and disappeared. A tight pain in his chest where the spike of the orb pulled out brought Sesshoumaru back to the living world; he immediately pulled out the orb’s spikes from his brother and raised up Inuyasha to make him more comfortable. Inuyasha’s fever increased as he lay in Sesshoumaru’s arms.

“Sleep little one.” Sesshoumaru whispered. “I will protect you.”

No comments: